- Cooperative Purchasing: GPCOG coordinates a competitive bidding process for the purchase of a wide variety of vendor products and services that are of common benefit to municipalities, school districts, and nonprofits in the region in order to obtain the best possible pricing.
- Data Center: GPCOG maintains a Data Center to provide information on Southern Maine and its communities, including public infrastructure, demographics, education, housing, and the economy.
- Grants Research: GPCOG offers two excellent services to help members identify potential funding sources for municipal needs — EfficientGov and FoundationSearch. GPCOG staff can also assist with grant writing and research.
- Mapping and GIS: Geographic Information System (GIS) software is used to develop maps and undertake spatial analysis. A Geographic Information System is a collection of computer hardware, software and geographic data for capturing, storing, updating, manipulating, analyzing and displaying all forms of geographically referenced information.
- Technical Planning Assistance: GPCOG planning staff provides technical assistance to municipalities for a range of planning services, including comprehensive planning, village master planning, ordinance development and interpretation, site plan and development review, and workshop facilitation.