Regional Voice Committee
- Beth Edmonds, Chair - Freeport
- Pious Ali - Portland
- April Caricchio - South Portland
- Jean-Marie Caterina - Scarborough
- Kimberly Cook - Portland
- Dan Coyne - United Way Greater Portland
- Mary Fernandes - Casco
- Bruce Foshay - Gray
- Jamie Garvin - Cape Elizabeth
- Brian Libby - Standish
- Jarrod Maxfield - Windham
- Belinda Ray - Portland
- Doug Reighley -Freeport
- Ronald Shepard - Gorham
- Jennifer Speirs
- Ed Suslovic - University of Southern Maine
- Glenn Zaidman - Bridgton
If you have a passion for our mission and our region, and you enjoy state and federal policy discussions, let us know.
RVC Purpose & Makeup
The Regional Voice Committee plays a critical role in guiding Greater Portland Council of Governments' (GPCOG) advocacy work with state lawmakers and policymakers.
The RVC is a group of volunteers selected by our Executive Committee from nominees submitted by elected municipal leaders all across our region. The RVC meets to learn about issues, evaluate policy options, and recommend specific policy positions for adoption by GPCOG's Executive Committee.
Sign up for policy updates and action alerts and join our growing network of influencers as we share our priorities with all of our elected representatives.
Roadmap to Prosperity
Read our Roadmap to Prosperity briefing paper (PDF), which is intended to help Governor Mills and Legislature understand what municipalities do, how they can do better by working together through regional strategies, and how state government is a critical partner in making that happen.
Chris Hall's Issues & Opportunities Columns
Read Chris Hall's columns on issues and opportunities that GPCOG members and friends can speak out on.
- Getting to Know the New Commissioners (PDF)
- Governor Mills told us her priorities. What do you think? (PDF)
- The Legislature Takes Up the Local Option Sales Tax (PDF)
- Legislature Takes Up Revenue Sharing, Property Tax Deferrals, Marijuana, and Turnpike Budget (PDF)
- Now is the Time to Advocate for Increased Revenue Sharing (PDF)
- Reaching Out to Lawmakers (PDF)
- Understanding the Governor's Budget (PDF)
For more information, contact Chris Hall, General Counsel and Director of Regional Initiatives for GPCOG.