Moving Maine Network
The Moving Maine Network facilitates better transportation access by advancing cross-sector coordination, informing policy change, and spurring innovation. The Network is a multi-sector, statewide collaborative – working to improve access to transportation for all, with a special focus on people who experience barriers.
By joining the Network, you can connect and partner with transportation stakeholders across Maine working to improve lives through better mobility.
Who Should Join
Moving Maine Network members are people and organizations committed to improving access to transportation throughout Maine. In addition to transportation and planning agencies, involved sectors include aging, disability, health care, human services, public health, faith communities, housing, philanthropies, and others.
How to Get Involved
- Become a Mobility Liaison – The Network is seeking up to three (3) individuals with lived experience of transportation barriers to participate in the Network as Mobility Liaisons. Click here for more details and to apply.The deadline has been extended to Friday, January 8th, 2021.
- Help Steer the Network – Join the Steering Committee to advise the Network
- Work to Advance the Network’s Goals – Participate on action-oriented work groups including:
- Peer Learning & Professional Development Work Group will create and offer channels for ongoing communication, skill-building, and peer exchange between stakeholders
- Policy & Advocacy Work Group will identify and champion policy solutions
- Technology & Innovation Work Group will spur statewide mobility innovations and advance data-driven decision-making
- Learn and Network – Participate in peer learning webinars and attend gatherings to action plan and network with colleagues
- Stay Informed – Sign up for the e-newsletter and updates
How We Are Supported
Moving Maine is convened by the Greater Portland Council of Governments, Maine Department of Transportation, Maine Primary Care Association, and Maine Housing. Funding is provided through a Federal Transit Administration grant.
Contact us! Heather Drake, Moving Maine Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org